Friday, May 02, 2008

Beijing Day 2

We had a really fun day today. We hung out in our hotel room most of the morning, and Hannah tested out the swimming pool. This afternoon, we had a tour of a hutong neighborhood, which is a old Beijing neighborhood that shows the way people lived before everything here became so modern. There are still numerous families that live in these hutongs, but they are becoming less and less. We rode rickshaws for the tour, which was really neat.



(That's our guide in the rickshaw with Beth by the way..)

After walking through the neighborhoods, we visited a drum tower and saw a performance.


We then visited a family that lived in the hutong and had a chance to ask questions and talk about how they lived. Finally, we ended our day with an acrobat performance. A fun day, and I'm glad we took advantage of it, but I'm so ready for the next part of the journey. Tomorrow, we have free time around here most of the morning, and then head to the airport in the afternoon. We fly out tomorrow evening to go to Nanjing, where Sadie soon will be. I actually get her on the 5th we think.

Thanks for the good wishes, thoughts, and prayers!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Looks like another fun day. I can't wait to see Sadie in your arms. BTW, a little laugh for you. I went up to the school to visit on Wednesday. Of course AC wanted to see you and Hannah. I had to remind her you two were in China. Anyway, Dr. B asked her when was she going to come to school......she told her never ever. It has changed so much since I left three years ago. So many new faces. I had forgotten just how loud the lunchroom could be. LOL. Ana Claire was totally overwhelmed with all the kids.
Lifting you up in prayer!

Sonya said...

I still can't believe you are there!!! YOU ARE IN CHINA again!!!
THANKS for all the wonderful pics!!! LOVING YOUR JOURNEY AND PRAYING!!!

Sherri said...

I love seeing these pictures! I could go to China again tomorrow. I can't wait to see those pictures of sweet little Sadie in your arms! May 5 isn't that far away!

Sherri

Anonymous said...

So glad you are having fun and adjusting to the time...Hannah looks like she is all smiles... and the dragon boat is way cool!!! So glad we can pray for you guys and be apart of this journey via blog!!! We miss you guys and can't wait to hear more once sadie is with you...penny