Monday, June 05, 2006

Monday

I don't know what the deal with the pictures is. I was able to post pictures from yesterday just now. But, now I can't seem to post the pics from tonight. Oh well. Today was a fairly relaxed day. We slept in a little (and Hannah slept much better last night - waking up once but then sleeping the rest of the night) and enjoyed our breakfast buffet. Then, I took Hannah up to the room to play a little. She is really playing well with all the toys now. I had to hang out in the room waiting on a call from my guide who was at my consulate appointment for me. So, Beth took Hannah down to the pool for a while. Then, we ventured down the hall to play with Karen and Quinlynn some more. Hannah and Quinlynn are two "peas in a pod" and will copy each other's every move. They weren't to sure about each other at first, but are now friends. They have these elaborate conversations together. Not in Chinese - but in "toddler talk".

I fed Hannah lunch and put her down for a nap. When she woke up, we met our guide to go shopping. We went to a market off the island where I bought some pearls and jade for her when she is older as well as some DVD's. I paid the same amount for 10 DVD's here that I would have spent on 1 in the U.S.!
Hannah did really well shopping and our guide treated her to an ice cream.
We went back to the hotel and played a while. Tonight, we went on a Riverboat Cruise. It was very relaxing and Hannah loved looking out at the water and the boats. When we passed under the bridge the first time, it scared her a little. But, being the very brave girl she is, she decided it was fun after that. There were several adoptive families on the cruise. I know I'm a little biased - but well, I got the best kid of the bunch! I'm sure their parents believe the same thing - which is just as it should be. Hannah did entertain some of the other families though with her dancing on the top deck of the boat!

We came back to the hotel and Hannah and I walked around the shops a little. Then I put her to bed. Tomorrow we have our "swearing in" ceremony at the consulate and Wednesday we come home! I am blessed beyond measure, a little tired, but very happy. Can't wait to see you all and introduce you to my daughter!
love, DeEtte

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DeEtte,
Hannah is soooo cute...we can't wait to meet her. You're right...her smile could light up a room. I'm so glad things are getting easier for you. We are praying for a safe and peaceful trip home.

Love,
Melany, Michael and Kaiser

Anonymous said...

DeEtte,
Hannah is just too cute! I can't wait to meet her. I'm glad to here she is picking up on English so well. I was worried about learning Chinese! I'm praying for a safe trip home - I know you are both tired and ready to be home. I'm also so thankful for your friend who traveled with you. What a blessing she is! We'll see you later this week! How exciting---we can not share "daughter" stories.
Love,
Denise