Monday, May 01, 2006

Consulate Date!!

Well . . just when I think "there's no way I'll hear anything until . . .(fill in the blank)", the phone call comes! As you know from yesterday's post - I didn't expect to hear anything on specific dates until later this week. But, I found out my consulate appointment today! This is the last step in my adoption ...an appointment with the U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou China. I have a confirmed date of June 5th. That's a week later than we asked for, but it was the first available date. Once I make travel arrangements, I'll know more specifics, but it looks like my friend Beth and I will be leaving for China somewhere around May 24th. YEAH!!! We're free to come home the evening of June 6th or on June 7th (depending on available flights).
Keep praying for us as we make travel arrangements and make arrangements for things here while we're gone. The next few days will likely be whirtlwind of activity, but I'll update you more soon!

DeEtte

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi! My name is Lisa Young. I think we have some mutual friends. Connie Green and Lori Jamieson. I see you live in Alabaster. I do too. We brought home our daughter Ana Claire in February 2005. She is now two.
Would love to hear from you. I look forward to following your journey.
You can email me at Nipsibee@bellsouth.net
Best Wishes,
Lisa
Check out our family sites:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tochinaforanaclaire/
http://youngpartyoffive.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

DeEtte,
Such wonderful news. Get packing. Does this still mean you will make Bejing? Hope you get to.
Learn to say "Booya", meaning no and leave me alone.
I am so excited for you. I know you can't wait.