Saturday, May 13, 2006

PARTY and other details

Last Saturday night there was an awesome party hosted by some of my great friends from church. It was a fundraiser party for Hannah at the Cantina in Birmingham. The party raised almost $3000 and was great fun for everyone. Many, many thanks to everyone who helped and everyone who came and participated! I had a good friend from college come who has recently moved to Birmingham. He looked around that night and commented that I really seemed to have a lot of support. I know how true that is and I can't thank you all enough!! And I can't forget to thank Alex, the owner of the Cantina. He was SO nice. He shared stories of adoption in his own family. He also commented that he looked around and saw how many people were praying and working to help get this little girl in China over here and that she was there now just going through her everyday life. He said it made him think how she had no idea what people were doing on this side of the world that would affect her soon and that we should remember that whenever things were hard or we felt alone. God is working things out for us somehow, even when we can't see it right away. Wise words.

Everything is becoming official. I have doctors' appointments scheduled for when we get back. I'm *almost* done with the things I have to do for school. I have plane tickets in my possession now. Hotels are confirmed. Laundry is NOT done and suitcases are NOT packed. But, they will be. I leave for China in 12 days and I will have Hannah in 16 days!!!

Hmm...this suitcase looks to be getting full. But, wait - I haven't packed ANY of my clothes or things yet!!

3 comments:

Sonya said...

Can't wait to follow your journey!
CONGRATS!!!

Sonya

drew and lori said...

so excited for you! i'm ready to follow your journey for hannah!

Anonymous said...

She's BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to meet her. Your updates are making me cry. I told you that you would fall in love.

Love,
Melany