Wednesday, May 03, 2006

We Have a Plan!

Okay, after phone calls, e-mails, online searching - we have a plan!! I'm calling to actually book the flights tomorrow (because the travel agency is now closed at 8:15 p.m.) - but I've been in contact with them over the last couple days and this is what we've decided.

My friend Beth and I will leave Birmingham early morning on May 25th, arriving in Bejing in the afternoon of May 26th. We will enjoy Beijing on the 27th, and fly to Wuhan, China on May 28th.
(Wuhan is where Hannah is!) I will receive Hannah on May 29th, will fill out adoption paperwork May 30th (yes, Hannah officially becomes mine on my birthday!), and travel to Guangzhou, China on June 2nd. There will be some official stuff to do there too, including a medical exam for Hannah, and also some fun activities. My U.S. consulate appointment is June 5th. I will pick up Hannah's visa on June 6th. And on June 7th, we will fly home. We will arrive in Birmingham that night around 9 p.m. For those of you wondering - here's the flight schedule . .


25MAY TH Birmingham/Newark 715A 1035A
25MAY TH Newark/Beijing 1210P 145P#1day(arrive in Beijing on May 26)
28MAY SU Beijing/Wuhan 1040A 1220P
07JUN WE Guangzhou/Beijing 940A 1230P
07JUN WE Beijing/Newark 345P 530P
07JUN WE Newark/Birmingham 725P 907P

I think on the way home (June 7th) our total travel time from Guangzhou to Birmingham is something like 24 hours!!!! I'm sure we will be very tired, but happy. :-)

In other news, I had a shower at work yesterday. It was lots of fun and I am so thankful for all the wonderful gifts I received. Everyone at my school has been so very supportive of me this year and I appreciate that so much. I have a feeling, Hannah (who will attend preschool there in the fall) is going to be one spoiled child with all my co-workers doting on her! What fun it will be! You all can pray for the poor substitute who has agreed to take my place the last week of school. :-)

Finally, I appreciate all the encouragine e-mails as well as comments on this blogsite more than I can tell you! Things are a little crazy right now, and I know I don't always respond - but I do read them and appreciate you!!

DeEtte

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi DeEtte,
Sounds like things are coming together pretty quick for you. These next couple of weeks will fly by. Enjoy your time in China.

I read where you posted on our site. The girls are close in age. Ana Claire will be three November 30.
I would love to get them together when you get home.
You can email me at Nipsibee@bellsouth.net and we can get the specifics of where the other lives. I have a friend that adopted too and small world, we live 8 doors apart.
I look forward to following your journey to Hannah.

Lisa
http://youngpartyoffive.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Deette I am so happy for you! If anyone deserves this you do. I will keep you and Beth in my prayers for safe travel. I am sure Hannah will adjust well especially with such an amazing person like you. You have impacted my life in ways I cant even begin to express. You never gave up on me like others did, you kept pushing me to go to Chrysalis and that changed my life forever and I will be forever grateful to you! My God bless you and take care of you in all of your travels and meeting with Hannah! Congratulations, you will make a great mother! I love you! Thanks again for everything!

In Christ
Kaci Rush

Anonymous said...

DeEtte, How exciting!! I didn't even know you were expecting!! I'm so happy for you, it sounds like you have been working on this for some time, yet, you kept us up on Kairos stuff and passed along Kairos sisters news. I knew you were an organized, on top of things young lady, but I didn't know what all you were on top of. Looking at that precious little face, I can see how you can hardly wait to get Hannah. What a birthday present!! I hope someday to hear the whole story. Maybe she can teach you chinese while you teach her english. FUN! FUN! FUN!! I know God is going to bless you abundantly for making this precious child yours and I know she is blessed abundantly with such a wonderful loving Mommy.
My prayers are with you, Hannah and Beth on your journey home. Try to find time to let us know you are home safe and sound. Love, Barbara Bryan