Saturday, May 27, 2006

Beijing in a Day!

We had a really fun day today. We spent the morning at the Great Wall. I'll try to post pictures when I get to Wuhan (so I can practice for the pictures you really want to see - of Hannah!).
It was cold and raining, but being the adventuresome folks we are, Beth and I went anyway.
We took the steeper route and the **official storyline** is that we went to the top! hehehe.
We did climb a good ways though - it's an amazing view, even in the rain.
Afterwards, we toured a cloisonne factory and saw how hey were made. Very interesting. We ate lunch, and by then it had stopped raining. We headed on to Tiennamon Square and the Forbidden City. After that, our guide took us to a small authentic Chinese restaurant for dinner.
Finally, we went to see a Chinese Acrobat show tonight. All in all, a very fun day.

Tomorrow morning, we fly to Wuhan. I'll receive Hannah Monday morning (which is Sunday night for y'all). I don't know if I'll get nervous in the next day or so, but so far I have had an amazing calm and peace. I can't wait to see her, hold her, and get to know her. Really, I can't wait to see her smile. None of the pictures I have of her, as adorable as they are, show her smilng. And I just imagine what her smile looks like!!

Thanks for the prayers, and please be praying for our travel to Wuhan and especialy for that first meeting with Hannah!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Glad to know you are there safe and having fun. Will pray for a safe trip to Hannah's province. A special prayer for the first moments with your daughter. Make sure your friend takes lots of photos. We can't wait to see!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having a great time DeEtte! Take it all in. Praying for your first moments with Hannah and safe travel. I can't wait to see pics of you and Hannah. Love you!
Tricia

tp said...

DeEtte,
We are so glad that you are so close to Hannah now. I can't wait to hear about your first moments together.
Tara
literally right behind you, flying tomorrow morning Newark to Beijing! Then onto Wuhan the 3rd.

Anonymous said...

We're so glad everything is going so well. Yes, Dad & I are anxious to see Hannah as I know you must be. Take care and bring our little grandaughter home!

Mom & Dad Currie

Anonymous said...

DeEtte,
We are checking your blog daily and are SO EXCITED for you and Hannah. Joy cannot wait to meet her new friend and have a tea party. I cannot wait to see that beautiful princess in person! She is so cute!
Becky, John, Joy and Luke Mantooth