Wednesday, May 24, 2006

11 hours to Go!

Yes, in 11 hours I will be on a plane heading for China and for Hannah!!
So, in case you're wondering how you might spend the last 24 hours before such a monumentous event - here's how I spent mine.

Kind of boring actually. In a good way. I took off work this week and spent Monday and Tuesday getting most things done. So, today has been rather relaxed, yet productive.
I mowed the yard, finished cleaning my house (which mostly was done yesterday), took my carseat to a good friend who is a fireman and had him install it, picked up the prescription medicine for Hannah "just in case", met a friend for dinner at Johnny Rockets (for an old fashioned hamburger and chocolate shake!) and checked my e-mail repeatedly in case I got any important, last-minute messages. And now, I'm heading downstairs to watch the ending of American Idol - just so I can see if Taylor wins. I haven't really followed American Idol this season, but well . .being from Birmingham, I need to know. What if someone in China says - "Wow! You're from the place Taylor Hicks is from!!" I need to be able to converse in these matters in an intelligent manner!! I just hope they don't ask me if I can sing like him. I would hate to have to put on a concert while I'm supposed to be focusing on my new daughter. Those of you who have heard me sing - get up off the floor and stop laughing!! :-)
(just for the record - I really do like Taylor)

Next time you hear from me, I'll be in China!!
Pray for us - especially Hannah!!
DeEtte

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

DeEtte
Im thinking and praying for you and that sweet baby. I will be following your post each day. I cant wait to see Mommy holding her angel.

Love to you both.

Connie Green

drew and lori said...

we are following you all the way! praying for you and hannah too!

tp said...

I cannot wait to see you with Hannah!! Godspeed and have FUN!!
Tara

Sonya said...

whooooooo hooooooooooo! We are praying for you!

Sonya
DH Jeff
DS Drew (11)
DS Ben (8)
Katie Lin (2)
Jiangxi Province
Family Day 2/22/05