Saturday, April 26, 2008

3 MORE DAYS!

I leave on TUESDAY!! EARLY!! I'm excited. I've done the "big things" that need to be done - well, except packing. Everything is thrown on my bed at the moment. I either have to pack it tonight to go to bed or sleep on the couch! At this hour, I'm thinking it's going to be sleep on the couch tonight. This will probaby be my last post from the U.S. - unless some major news happens. I will do my best to post from China. I know I can at the White Swan in Guangzhou and I figure I *probably* can in Nanjing, but we'll see.

Here's our basic itenerary for those who are curious:

April 29th - Fly out of Birmingham earlier than the rooster gets up, short layover in Newark, NJ and then on to Beijing

April 30th - Arrive Beijing at 1:50 p.m. (check in hotel, rest, eat supper, sleep)

May 1 - Beijing: Tour Summer palace in the morning and then have free time the rest of the day

May 2 - Beijing: Take a Hutong Tour (old Beijing neighborhoods) in the morning, free time in the afternoon, see an acrobat show in the evning

May 3 - Morning free time, fly to Nanjing late afternoon

May 4 - Hang out in Nanjing, shop for supplies, get ready!

May 5 - Meet Sadie!! She will be with us from this point on!

May 6 - Complete official adoption paperwork (I'm guessing it's this day, just from the way things worked last time)

May 7 and 8 - Hang out in Nanjing / sightsee or shop / take a trip to Taizhou to visit Sadie's orphanage (about 2.5 hours from Nanjing from what I've heard)

May 9 - Pick up Sadie's passport and fly to Guangzhou

May 10 - 11 - Medical exam in Guangzhou (brief, very simple), shop and /or tour

May 12 - U.S. Consulate appointment (I don't actually go to this. My guide does it for me, but I have to be in my hotel room so she can call if there are questions.)

May 13 - Late afternoon trip to consulate to pick up Sadie's passport with U.S. Visa and for the swearing-in ceremony. Take an evening train to Hong Kong and spend one night in a hotel there.

May 14 - morning flight out of Hong Kong to Newark, NJ. When Sadie gets off the plane in Newark, she will officially be a U.S. Citizen! We'll have a fairly long layover in Newark and then fly to Birmingham!! We arrive in Birmingham Airport a little after 9:30 p.m. if the flight is on time. (Didn't happen last time - we didn't arrive until close to midnight) **PRAY FOR SLEEP FOR ALL OF US ON THE PLANE - ESPECIALLY THE TWO UNDER 5!!!!


In other news, here's a couple pics of my first baby. I can't believe how much she's growing up!! I've enjoyed spending some sweet time with her some this week in between all the preparing and packing and getting ready to go.



Ballet: First Position with punk rock star hair?? This was suppossed to be Hannah's costume for her dance recital (minus the hair - that was her own addition) but we are missing her recital to be in China. She didn't mind a bit because she got the costume anyway since we'd already paid for it. That was what it was all about to her anyway - get the dress!

Hannah's cousin Elizabeth spent the night with us last weekend. The girls enjoyed staying up late to watch a movie and giggling when they were suppossed to be sleeping.

Of course, I know some of you will be checking in on us during our China trip. Don't forget to check in after we get home too for the adventures of the two sisters. Hannah's going to play Tblall this summer which should be a lot of fun to watch!! At least with tball, there's a place for yelling in cheering your team on! I overheard her dance teacher tell her one week "Hannah - ballet is a QUIET dance" ha!!

I can't thank you all enough for your love, suport, and encouragement for me and my family. Please continue to keep us in your prayers in the next couple weeks: safe travels, adjustment of Sadie, adjustment of Hannah, okay - adjustment of all of us! Pray for Sadie's sleep, Hannah's sleep, and MY sleep. And I'm sure Beth would appreciate some sleep too!! I'm a much nicer person when I get some sleep! And I'll sleep better if the girls are sleeping. It's going to be a great trip. God is doing amazing things....stay tuned!

10 comments:

Greg and Steph said...

WOOO HOOO!!!
We are sooooo thrilled for y'all!!!
We will be praying daily for your family's safety, health, FUN, JOY, and bonding! OH...and SLEEP!
WOW!! Can you believe it is finally time?!?!?!
Can you fit me in a suitcase?
Love y'all!
Steph

Sherri said...

DeEtte!

I am so excited for you! Have a fantastic trip and rest assured that you will be all "prayed up" on this end!

I look forward to your updates!

Zai Jian!

Sherri

Stefanie said...

You are SO close, DeEtte!! I can't wait to see Sadie in your arms :)

Karen said...

DeEtte, H and S,
We keep checking in on you from time to time and see it's finally REAL. You are so blessed. Keeping you in our prayers. Be safe and yes, I hope you get sleep! :) Don't make us wait too long to see Sadie with her Mama and Sister. I'll be glued to the computer.:)
Love and Hugs,
Karen and Quinlyn

Sonya said...

WOW! I can't believe it is here!!!! SOOOOOOO excited for you! Keeping you in our prayers!!!!

The Ferrill's said...

Woo Hoo! I know someone who won't be getting much sleep tonight! ;)
We will be praying praying praying for you all! And you better believe we'll be staying tuned!!!!!!!
I've got butterflies I am just so excited for you!
DeEtte...YOURE LEAVING TOMORROW!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I haven't checked your blog in a while and had no idea you were so close! Congratulations and safe journey! Jill B in calif

Tammy said...

How exciting! I can't wait to follow along. Have a safe and wonderful trip!

Blessings,
Tammy
www.youbelong.net/thehills

Hope for Lucy said...

DeEtte

Green Party of Four (soon to be Five)....is so excited about this precious journey. I cant wait for update.
Please know that we are praying for you.

Love
Connie

Melisa said...

D, Elisabeth saw the picture of Sadie in the Winnie-the-Pooh nightgown, and was so excited! She said, "I gave it to Hannah, and now Hannah gave it to Sadie...who can Sadie give it to?" She can't wait to see the girls and wants you to tell Hannah she loves her. And Nana, Elisabeth misses you too!