Friday, April 11, 2008

Procrastination Post and Pictures

Just a few fun pictures because I have a big paper / project to write this weekend for school. And I work best under pressure. So, I'm procrastinating by doing this blog post so I'll have less time and can then do my best work! ha!! Actually, I can do this while talking to Hannah at the same time - the paper will take much concentration so must wait until after the princess goes to bed. I can justify anything!




A couple weeks ago, my school did a shower / "celebrate" Sadie night at a local restaurant. It was a lot of fun, but I didn't take my camera. So, here's a picture of the leftover cake! ha! I LOVE my job (even though this time a year it's a bit crazy and more so since I'm trying to leave in two more weeks!) and I'm so lucky to work in a place where the faculty really care about one another and are SO supportive. (And just for the record, my previous school where I was when I adopted Hannah was the same way! I'm 2 for 2!). But, I don't think I'll test any other schools...I think I'm content with both my job AND the number of children I have!




Hannah LOVES her new castle quilt. I was so excited to find these. We got two. It's really too big for Sadie's bed since she has a toddler bed for now, but they were too cool not to get both girls one. We can fold Sadie's up when not in use or whatever. Hannah has been so amazing about sharing her room with Sadie (well, she's been amazing about the *idea* of it, it hasnt' been tested yet) and I wanted to somehow make it special. So, we turned her room into a "princess room". Okay, we got these quilts and changed the knobs out on her dresser. Voila..cheap room makeover that made my 4 year old THRILLED! I loved this quilt for a couple reasons. Hannah likes the Disney princess stuff but I'm kind of tired of them to be honest. I have nothing against them - she has some disney princess shirts and some other things. But this one made us both happy. I hope Sadie likes hers too.

Hannah was playing the other day when I saw this. I asked her who those people were and where they were going. "That's Hannah, mommy, and Sadie. We're going to Wal-mart!" Of course, her play is so realistic..I look just like Barbie and plan to regularly drive the kids around in the convertible parked in my garage wearing a leotard and tutu! Oh wait, I don't have the garage! well, almost realistic! :-)




Hannah - three weeks post-surgery. See, she no longer looks like she's been in a fight. There's still a bit of swelling and the scar is a bit raised, but that should get better over the next few months. I think she's simply beautiful..but then again, I've always thought that.



BUSTED! Well..if my mommy would just put the stuff she doesn't want me to reach a little lower, I wouldn't HAVE to climb on the sink to get it.



And just for fun, here's a post-Easter story. Apparently in Sunday School the week after Easter, Hannah's class watched a video and in it, they showed Jesus ascending into heaven. Hannah came out and said "Mommy! Jesus can do magic!".."well, yeah..we say he did miracles..".."no mommy, he can do magic. Jesus can fly...JUST LIKE TINKERBELL!"
Well, enough procrastination. Or at least blog procrastination. I'm going to play with Hannah a bit and then put her to bed..and then work on my paper. Or clean my house.. we'll see..







6 comments:

Sherri said...

Sooooo cute.

I am the same way with procrastination. I think it's the only way to go!

Sherri

Sonya said...

Jesus can fly...JUST LIKE TINKERBELL!"

That is a HOOT!

Lisa said...

I am so excited for you. It will be time to go before you know it. Are you going to send an email to let us know your flight arrangements on when you are returning. We can't meet the little princess.
Hannah looks great! Beautiful little girl!

The Ferrill's said...

DeEtte you are cracking me up with the cake! And can I join the procrastinators club? ;)
I agree, your school is INCREDIBLE!
Love the new quilts! What fun to buy TWO! ;)
Can't wait to see you riding to Walmart in your convertible, Barbie!
Hannah IS beautiful and her lip looks AMAZING!
Oh that comment about Jesus flying like Tinkerbell is HYSTERICAL! Don't you know our Father has got to be chuckling right along with us? ;)

Hope for Lucy said...

Hannah...your lip looks wonderful. You are such a big girl now. Im so excited about your little sister.

Love
Green Party of Four

Journey to Lilly! said...

DeEtte, love the procrastination pic's...I have done some myself lately!Hannah looks beautiful! Her surgery looks great! I love the story of Wal-Mart...& Jesus doing majic is hysterical!
lv,
kim