Friday, April 11, 2008

Aww...

Just had to share. I got an e-mail from someone on the Taizhou SWI yahoo group. Her daughter was adopted from the same orphanage as Sadie back in 2001 and they recently went for a visit. She described some of the kids she saw and this is what she had to say about Sadie (she didn't know names of the kids and at the time she was there didn't know that I was about to adopt one of them..so she's not being unkind by the way she describes her..just trying to differentiate between the kids when she didn't personally know any of them)

"The girl with no thumb seems very alert and intelligent. Very pretty. Our guide said her good friend was recently adopted out, so she was grieving. After we were there awhile, she warmed up and smiled. She danced and laughed with my husband when he was doing a goofy dance with her"

Aw, that made my day. Unfortunately, she was not allowed to take pictures. But, still..it sounds like she's doing good. Her friend that is referred to lives two hours north of us..I'm hoping we can get them together again at some point.

In other news, I do have plane tickets reserved! I leave April 29th. I'll post details later.
DeEtte

3 comments:

Sherri said...

I am so sad that sweet Sadie is grieving. But so thrilled that God placed her friend within a couple of hours! Plus, she's going to have the best friend ever in her big sister Hannah!

I can't wait for you to go, DeEtte!
Sadie won't be lonesome for long!

Sherri

The Ferrill's said...

April 29th? I better start packing! ;)
Okay, did I miss the post about her friend? Is she close by? How awesome, DeEtte!!!!!!
Hannah is going to have so much fun doing silly dances with her baby sis!

Pandamonium Mom said...

Laine,
Hey..yes, her friend is one of Lifeline's kids too. She came home in November and is about two hours from us! How amazing is that! Yes, start packing, but not too much. I need room in your suitcase for the stuff I can't fit in mine! ha!