Monday, March 31, 2008

TA!!!!!!!!!

For those of you familiar with the adoption terminology, enough said!!

For those of you who may not be , that means I received my travel approval (TA) today! That's it as far as China is concerned. They have said "Come get your child!". All that's left is to find out my consulate appointment date (with the U.S. consulate in China). That has to do with getting Sadie's immigration paperwork and visa done so she can come to the United States with me. The moment she steps off the plane in the U.S., she will be an American citizen. I should know my consulate appointment date in the next day or two. Then, I will begin making plane reservations! whoo hoo! Right now, it looks like we may be leaving towards the end of April.
Check back in the next few days for updates! I might even know something tomorrow! :-)

12 comments:

The Ferrill's said...

WOW, DeEtte...this is amazing! Oh I'm so excited! Okay, can I ask who is going to China? Hannah? Your friend that went last time? (Sorry! I cannot remember her name!) Or are ya goin' solo?
Do you need me to go with you? I might have a little bit of "baggage", but for you I'll do anything! ;)
Love,
Laine

Pandamonium Mom said...

Hey Laine!
Yes, Hannah is going with me. Also, my friend Beth is going with me like she did last time. She's amazing - photographer, videographer, luggage-carrier, and Hannah entertainer for those times Sadie needs some solo attention! Wow, I'm asking a lot of her! But she's good at it! She is "nana" to Hannah and soon to be to Sadie, and Hannah is so comfortable with her. But, come on! I'd love for you to go with me too! Should I call Karla and tell her to change the number of people I'm taking? From 3 to oh, say..11?
That would be fun! oh, I just thought of a question -I'm going to e-mail you.
DeEtte

Denna said...

That is wonderful!!! I am so happy for you.

Hope for Lucy said...

DeEtte......what awesome news. I have been checking to see if you had heard any word. How I wish we were going with you to get our sweet Lia Faith. However, it will be in God's timing. Our prayers are with you and Hannah as you prepare to get your sweet Sadie.

Love
Connie
Green Party of Four

Sherri said...

Hooray!!!!!!!!!!

Start packing, girl!

I'd like to go, too, so you may as well change it to 12 (I won't be bringing my family!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Sherri

RamblingMother said...

YEA!!! YIPPEE!!!

Sonya said...

WHOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!
So happy for you! Can't wait to follow you to China again!

Sonya

Aaron and Erica said...

Congratulations DeEtte! This is great news!

I'm not sure if I have ever posted here before, but I have been a lurker for awhile now :) We are also with Lifeline.

I can't wait to follow your journey to China again!

Erica
www.aaronandericahammond.blogspot.com

Greg and Steph said...

Praise the Lord!!! I know that y'all cannot wait!!!!
Praying for y'all!
Steph

Lisa said...

So happy for you! I can't wait to follow your journey back to China. I wish I could go.

The Ferrill's said...

DeEtte? Did you get lost in your luggage, honey? WHAT ABOUT THE CA?

Pandamonium Mom said...

Well..I actually don't have a CA yet...*hopefully* Monday. (As in I'll know hopefully Monday, obviously my CA won't be on Monday!)