Thursday, March 20, 2008

Home

We're home. Hannah did GREAT. She is napping now (where I'm heading too in a minute) but has been playing, coloring, etc. She slept all night (never even woke up when the nurses came in to check vital signs), has not been in much pain at all, and has handled it all well. Of course, she did take one look at the anesthesiologist who came in pre-surgery with her gown and mask and calmly announced "I don't like you". She told Dr. Grant the same thing (who she loves when he's not in his surgical gear!)

I have some pictures from the past week I'll post soon. But right now, my own bed is calling to me! Oh, but I do have to tell Laine - YES, Dr. Grant was absolutely right - this one is SO much easier than the palate surgery! Hannah has been eating whatever she wants (grilled cheese last night, sausage and eggs this morning, etc.), and has not had any prescription pain medicine. She took ibuprofen right after the surgery and tylenol before bed last night. She had nothing else through the night and has not had anything today and she's doing great! And, the biggest difference - she slept all night long! :-) Oh, and Mandy was our nurse in the OR. I didn't actually meet her, but when she called from the OR to give reports and said "this is Mandy" I figured it was the same one who helped Quan.

Speaking of Mandy, she said that when Hannah was going to sleep in the OR, she was telling her that she had a sister in China named Sadie.

2 comments:

The Ferrill's said...

PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh I'm smiling from ear to ear on that last comment about Hannah talking about Sadie! ;)
Thanks for going through this first for me DeEtte...you are such a GREAT friend! ;)
I only hope and pray that Quan's is as smooth...I am SO thankful you had Mandy! She is wonderful!
Thank you Jesus that Hannah did so wonderful! We are praising the Lord for answered prayers here in Springville!
Four more days and I'll let you know how Mr. Quan-boy does!
Love,
Laine
Really, let's schedule that bone graft one together, ok? ;)

Sonya said...

AWESOME!!!!! THANKS for the update!!!