Tuesday, March 04, 2008

LOA!

Yep - it's here. I have my LOA! (Letter of Acceptance). This is not the final step..but it's getting close. I'm heading to lifeline to sign my LOA tomorrow after school. It will be sent back to China and I'll wait 2-4 weeks for a Travel Approval (TA). At that point, my agency will make me a consulate appointment and then I can begin making travel plans! Yep - I could be going mid-end April possibly! Wow!

Karla called yesterday while I was in target..and I think I was in shock. I just *knew* she was calling to tell me I had my Pre-approval. Or, actually I was hoping that's why she was calling. No - I'm not getting a PA. China skipped right over that step for me and sent my LOA instead. Almost exactly two months from the time my LOI (letter of intent to adopt Sadie) went to China. That's FAST!

So, what did I do in response to the news? I shopped of course! ha! I forgot all about what I had originally come to target to get and instead walked around looking for fun things to put in Sadie's care package I get to send soon. Fun!

So, it's going to be an incredibly crazy few weeks! I'm working like crazy this week to finish a part of my National Boards project by Friday's deadline..then next week I'm heading to prison (see post below), then the following week is spring break and Hannah's having her next surgery (more on that later) and I'm also hoping to finish the rest of my school project about my national boards that week and get it in the mail. AND THEN, things will settle down a little. well, not really, but I'll be busy getting ready to go to China and getting ready for Sadie, which is way more fun than some of the stuff I've got to get finished now. :-)

Getting this news is truly a big praise!! It means several things. Most important - I can go before too long to pick up Sadie!! But also, we can travel at the end of the school year and I won't have to go back this year and I'll have the whole summer off with Sadie. (worked out that way with Hannah too - God's good with the details!). I may also get to go early enough that when we come back, I can send Hannah back to school for a couple weeks and get to have a little one on one time with Sadie. And, I get to travel before airline prices skyrocket for the olympics. AND, I get to travel and get home before my current fingerprints expire on June 6. Which isn't a huge deal - but it's one less thing to have to manage.

Prayer requests...

Pray for my travel approval to come timely

Pray for God to prepare all three of our hearts to be a family

Pray for transitions

Pray for my craziness in the next few weeks!

Pray for finances..we're getting closer but not there yet. I basically think I have enough to cover the rest of my agency fees and china fees, although I won't know exact amounts for a little while yet. I do not have the finances for travel at this point. But, I'm not really worried. God came through BIG time last time and remember - He's said He's going to do it again!

Pray for Hannah's upcoming surgery..I'll post more on that probably next week

Pray for my time in prison (see previous post!)

It's time for me to buckle my seatbelt and get ready for the amazing adventure God has planned! Can't wait! I can't wait to hold Sadie and get to know her. I have a little competition though. I've already had to have the conversation with Hannah that even though she gets to be the big sister, *I* still get to be the mommy to both of them. Hannah informed me last week that "I'm the big sister. Sadie's the little sister. We get Sadie and I be grown-up. I be in charge. I cook supper for Sadie". HA! We've got a little to work on in the next few weeks!

7 comments:

Sherri said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DeEtte!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'll be there before you know it!!

I'm so happy for you!

Sherri

Anonymous said...

wow!!! please know if you ever need anything of us we are here -- so excited for you guys and all your upcoming event!!! Yikes but God is always so good to give us the strength and endurance!!! Hey I would love to write some letters for your trip to prison -- please talk to me about that and tell me what to do...penny

The Ferrill's said...

DEETTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are all so excited for you! Is Hannah going?
START PACKING amidst all your other things to do! ;)
Let me know what I can do to help, and I will most assuredly be praying! See you next Wed!
Love,
Laine

Sonya said...

WOW!!! I know Karla LOVED making that call! WHOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO
BIG CONGRATS!!!

Prayers,

Sonya

Pandamonium Mom said...

Sonya -
Can you e-mail me?
DeEtte530@juno.com
I'm blocked from checking your blog and I'd love to keep up with y'all!
DeEtte

Hope for Lucy said...

Deette
This had made my day. God is so GOOD! I cant wait to follow your journey for precious Sadie. Hannah..we are praying for you for your upcoming surgery and also for Mommy in the next few weeks. Mommy...you are going to be very busy.
Love
Green Party of Four

Tricia said...

DeEtte!

How Awesome!!!! Congrats new mommy to be. I'm so excited for both you and Hannah. Let me know how I can help!
Tricia