Sunday, December 09, 2007

Christmas is in the air!

I love Christmas! So does Hannah. We have been having a lot of fun in the first half of the season. These first two pictures are from Thanksgiving weekend at my parents house. I don't have any pics with our tree yet, but I'm sure I'll get some soon.




The first weekend in December, Hannah was in the local Christmas parade with Beth. She enjoyed being able to throw candy at all the onlookers. She tried REALLY hard to throw one to me: "MOMMY! THIS FOR YOU!! CATCH IT!". For the record, I didn't manage to catch any she actually threw, but I pretended I did. "I got it! THANKS!!" (You do what you have to sometimes!)



Today, we visited Santa at the mall. This IS Santa. The line takes FOREVER, but it's because when a child finally gets to him, that child is the only kid in the world as far as he's concerned. He's so patient and really takes his time talking and listening to each one. Last year, she kind of wanted to see him, but was kind of not sure too. She would not sit in his lap and I had to sit with her for a picture. This year, I had to hold her back until Santa's helper said she could go. Soon as I took my hand off her shoulder, she ran and tackled him in a big hug! It was too cute. Too bad I didn't have the camera ready for that.

And since we very rarely hit the mall, when we do we have to visit the carrosel before we leave. What fun!





5 comments:

The Ferrill's said...

Sweet sweet sweet! I love Christmas!
Thanks for the comment about Quan's speech; I told Rob we need to go back and read all your posts about Hannah beginning speech, etc. I'm sure we would learn even more! That's great that Hannah has a great speech teacher at the school!
Blessings! And yes, we NEED to meet again!
Laine

Lisa said...

I love the photos. Especially the one of her with Santa. I wish Ana Claire would do that. SHe was amazed to see Hannah sitting with Santa.

Sonya said...

FUN FUN FUN! I love Christmas too!! Hannah looked so beautiful in her Christmas dress!

Sonya

Sherri said...

DeEtte,

Hannah is so beautiful! I love the pictures! Have a wonderful Christmas!

Sherri

Hope for Lucy said...

Hannah...you are getting so big (and taller). You are such a beautiful girl and I wish you and your Mommy the best Christmas!

Love
Connie