Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Pumpkin Patch at Old Baker's Farm

Hay Maze - which way should I go?

ZOOM ZOOM - riding the pedal tractor




This was by far Hannah's favorite part of the visit. She spent the whole time in line for this horse ride saying "I do it myself? PLEAASSSEE".


Cotton..you know, there's a story with this. My (Hannah's) grandma used to pick cotton. She used to work in the fields for hours when she was a little girl. And all she got was two pennies. And she did it barefoot. And that was after she walked home from school barefoot in the snow - and you know, it was uphill both ways. I wonder why she didn't just go to wal-mart if she wanted some cotton???





Hannah loved her little pumpkin she picked from the patch. She held it tight on the hayride back.




Decorating pumpkins. Meet "princess pumpkin".





5 comments:

Journey to Lilly! said...

Bakers Farm looks like so much fun!! & I love the way Hannah decorated her pumpkin to be a princess....just like her!!
lv,
Kim
www.pintaroadoption.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Looks like you had a great time at the Pumpkin Patch. You got some great photos! I love Princess Pumpkin!
Remember the dog from the park. He come home with us LOL. I had him until Monday. I finally found the owner. Glad the story had a happy ending. The dog was 10 years old.
Hope to see you 2 again soon.

Denna said...

Looks like fun. I love the way she fixed Princess Pumpkin.
I don't have your email, but just wanted you to know we are coming your way Tuesday. We are bringing the girls to the zoo. Several of us are meeting there. Feel free to join us.
Denna
sheltietwo2001@yahoo.com

The Ferrill's said...

Hey DeEtte!
I love the pumpkin potato head! Cute idea!
We went to Baker's Farm, too. It was GREAT!
Okay, I need to email you with some questions about this palate recuperation....do cheese puffs count as soft foods? :)
I can't wait for speech to begin! I have no idea how to get this boy to say the p,b,s,t,and all the other consonants except m! Everything comes out like a grunt from his chest, not his mouth. I just want to say, "Buddy, you have a closed palate now...use it!" Unfortunately he doesn't know how yet! I know, it will come. Hannah speaks so great...I hope Quan will follow suit!
Love,
Laine

Sherri said...

So cute! We went to a pumpkin patch this week too! At least you rembered your camera.....6th child=no pictures.

Could you send me your email address? I have some cleft palate questions for you (for a friend, not me! Phil says we're 1/4 child past our limit right now)

Sherri