Sunday, May 06, 2007

A Visit to Boaz

The first Sunday in May is what's known in Boaz as "Decoration Sunday". My parents are both from the Boaz area and most of their families are in or around there. So, Hannah and I headed to Boaz today to join in the event of decorating the graves of family members who have died over the years. And to show her off some too! She's spent a lot of time with my parents and a fair amount of time with my grandfather. But, this was Hannah's first time to meet some of our other family members, such as my aunts and uncles. She did very well. Here's just few pictures from the day.

Pretty Girl!



Hannah and Grandma

Hannah, papa (my grandfather), and me. Well, Hannah's not too interested in having this picture taken as you can tell!

Hannah with my aunt Helen and cousin Diane




Hannah and my uncle, Ronald. However, Hannah calls him "santa". Yes, really. She was fascinated by his beard and kept saying "ho ho ho".



Silly Face at lunch!



2 comments:

The Ferrill's said...

Oh my goodness she is such a cutie! What a great heritage of faith she has! We're from south Alabama originally and it wasn't until I moved to the 'Ham as an adult that I heard of Decoration Days. I'm glad you got to see all your family!
Love,
Laine

Sonya said...

Such sweet pictures!!!