Sunday, May 20, 2007

Mother's Day, School Program, and Build-a-Bear!

What a fun month this has been! (and it's not over yet - look for more things coming up in the next two weeks!).

I completed enjoyed my first Mother's Day. We went out to eat after church (Hannah's treat thanks to Grandma!) and then went home for a nap and a chance to play in the water that afternoon. My friend Denise, who is also Hannah's speech therapist at school, took her out of her classroom that week to make this flower pot for me with her hand prints.



This past Friday, we had our end-of-the year program for the two preschool classes at my school. This is the first year our classes combined for a joint program instead of doing them separately, and I must confess...it was my idea to combine simply so I could be sure not to miss Hannah in her program! It went great. Both classes did a great job and Hannah totally enjoyed herself. I so wish I could get the video on here, but I don't have a clue how. She laughed, and sang, and was quite the performer. When her name was called, she proudly walked to her teacher to accept her certificate. A little while later when her class was finished and I stepped forward to give out the certificates for my class, Hannah YELLED across the room "look mommy! I have one! me! Hannah! I got it!". I am so very thankful that school has been such a positive experience for her this year. She loves her teachers, loves her classmates, and generally greets each activity with enthusiasm. Of course, she's also had to learn to share attention and toys...which while not easy has definately been good for her. And oh, what she doesn't yet realize. It's just a taste of the kind of sharing she'll have to do when she gets a sister!
After the program she left with "Nana" (my friend Beth who travelled to China with me) and her granddaughter Elizabeth. They had so much fun playing together and I picked her up that evening.


It's kind of hard to see - but Hannah's in the front in the brown dress with pink bow.




Hannah and Elizabeth- These girls are two years apart but play together so well! They love being together!


Saturday, we went to Build-a-Bear. I had heard that they were allowing people to make a bear for free for their annual charity day that would then be shipped to adoption agencies and other groups that would send the bears on to children waiting to be adopted. So, we thought that sounded like a good idea and decided to participate. Of course, since it was Hannah's first visit to Build-a-Bear, I couldn't let her leave without her own bear! So, we made two - one to stay and one to take. I bet you can all guess which bear came home with my girly-girl princess! And though not in the picture, it also came home wearing a princess dress!



Finally, Saturday night, I went to a party to celebrate a friend's birthday. Like a real, adult party without kids. Hannah spent the evening with one of her favorite babysitters. We were both a little late getting to bed, but hey - it was fun.




4 comments:

The Ferrill's said...

I love Hannah's program pictures! I know you are so proud of her. Sweet Build-A-Bears and sweet Hannah, too! LOVE the pink bear! Wow, an adult party....what is that? I don't think I've been to a birthday party without children EVER!
So glad you had fun! Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog!
Love,
Laine

Lisa said...

I love all the new photos of Hannah. I had heard about the Build-A-Bear promotion. I would have loved to have taken Ana Claire, but we have been swamped with other things....mainly baseball. SO glad summer is here and school is out this week. Maybe we can get the girsl together to play.
Lisa

Denna said...

Great Pictures. I love Build a A Bear. We end up spending to much when we go.

Journey to Lilly! said...

awww! I love all the new pic's of Hannah. We too love build a bear! What fun!
Blessings,
Kim
www.pintaroadoption.blogspot.com