Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Day!

We had a great Christmas day!! Christmas morning was absolutely as magical as I had hoped. Guess who woke up first? That would be me - not typical. I watched Hannah sleep and kept thinking 'hurry up already!'. Finally, she woke up, crawled in my bed and smiled. I asked her "do you think Santa came last night?". She whispered "yes". I said "do you want to go downstairs and see?" She sat straight up, said "5 more minutes sleep" and fell back on the bed! Ha!! She didn't really get it yet. I bet that's the last time I hear that on Christmas morning!
When I finally got her up and moving, I made her sit on the top of the stairs so I could run downstairs and grab the video camera. Oh - I wish I could get that video on here so you could see it. You know those commercials where the kid comes down the stairs on Christmas morning and the look on their face is just priceless? It was exactly like that...so sweet and precious.



"Wow" was the only word out of her mouth for the first 2 minutes at least!


Enjoying her new kitchen


We got a break from the rain just long enough for Hannah to enjoy a few minutes on her new bike.


Sipping "tea" with nana - otherwise known as Beth. Beth and her husband Wayne are very special to us. Beth travelled with me to China (and will hopefully get to go next time too!) and she now picks Hannah up from school about once a week to spend time with her while I have my faculty meetings (and sometimes get to enjoy running a couple child-free errands too before I go home). She and Wayne are a second set of grandparents to Hannah and I'm so thankful for them!! They came over Christmas night to eat and hang out with us a while.

2 comments:

Sonya said...

DeEtte,

You had a WONDERFUL Christmas! Just TONS of awesome things!

Sonya

drew and lori said...

What an AWESOME Christmas you two had- I love all the pictures!