Friday, July 21, 2006

Skating Fun!




As many of you know, one of my pre-adoption hobbies was rollerblading. So, you shouldn't be too suprised that I've now introduced that hobby to Hannah! I got her one of those beginner skate sets that fit over shoes. She loves it and isn't a bit afraid. Of course, she also falls a little...and I have the wheels locked where right now she can't go backwards. Mostly she walks with the skates rather than actually pushing off to roll. But for 2 days trying, I think she's doing great. When she gets tired, I put her in the stroller, put my skates on, and my friend Suzanne and I enjoy skating for a while while pushing the stroller. Well, mostly Suzanne pushes the stroller for me! What a friend!

The other big event from this week was that Saturday some friends from church hosted a shower for Hannah and I. We had a great time and appreciate everyone's thoughtfulness so much. One of the things I really enjoyed was that several other little girls were present. Hannah had a great time playing with Abby, Joy, and Mary.

We also had a fun dinner Tuesday night with several friends. We went to celebrate one of their birthdays (Debra). Hannah wore her princess dress and tiara. I wonder if that's why all the people in Wings were staring at us? No..it must have been because Debra was also wearing a tiara (and she's not a child). We had fun!

1 comment:

Sonya said...

YOU FUN MOM!!! That is neat! Great pics!

Sonya