Thursday, July 06, 2006

Playing, Playing, and more Playing!

















PICTURES:
1. Okay, I think I've got it. I've got all my ducks in a row.
2. Noah likes me. (I like him too). We are teaching each other new tricks. He taught me to turn a somersault. I taught him to cross his arms and pout at his mother!
3. Joy and I love playing dress-up. Aren't we beautiful!!

Hi. Well, for those of you who have told me "I check your blog every day" - first of all, thanks for checking on us. But second, I think I'm going to try to start updating weekly unless there's major news. I love keeping up with this blog - but can only do it after Hannah goes to bed at night, and well, some nights there are other things that need to be done. :-)
But, do keep checking in with us.

Hannah's had a couple playdates with friends lately and I'm happy to report they both went well. She was shy and hesitant for a while on both, but by the end had made new friends and cried because she didn't want to leave. She also had an eye-doctor appointment this week. (It wasn't as much fun as the playdates though). It was her most "uncooperative" doctor's appointment yet, but they dilated her eyes and that just made her mad. She decided right then and there that she did not like these otherwise very nice people. :-) The good news is, we made it through and her vision is completely normal. We have 2 doctor's appointments next week - her follow-up appointment at the Adoption Clinic as well as her first visit to her regular pediatrician.

For the 4th, we spent the day at home swimming in our new pool. (yes, I decided the other pool was too small for me to get in and it's awfully hot sitting outside watching her in the water. So, now we both cool off on those hot summer days!). We had a friend come over for lunch and ice-cream sundaes afterwards. That evening, we met 3 friends of mine for dinner. We thought about going to see fireworks, but ...bedtime prevailed for my happy but very tired little girl. Oh well - that will give us something new to experience next year.

3 comments:

Sonya said...

GREAT PICS!!! LOVE the DUCKS!!!! LOL!

Sonya

Anonymous said...

She is a beauty! I cant wait for her and Lily Grace to play with each other.

Lisa said...

She looks like she is doing very well. Love the pool. Hope to meet and get the girls together soon.
I love checking out the blogs and seeing how everyone is doing, so I am glad you are going to continue.
Lisa