Thursday, June 24, 2010

Post-Op Visit

Hannah is recovering nicely. The problem the last few days has been how to keep her from being as active as she wants to be! We've been visiting the library and reading a lot, doing puzzles, painting, and other more calming activities. She's still limping slightly and tires easily, but is ready to take off and GO. Go turn cartwheels, Go jump on the trampoline, just GO! She can't do those things quite yet though. Her surgeon was happy with how she's doing, both hip-wise and mouth-wise. As far as activity level, he said I could let her start doing a little more. He said she could swim anytime, which made her very happy. Hannah asked him if she could run and play at the park. He said yes, but to be very careful and cautious. Um, right. I think we'll skip the park for a few more days. At this point, she can do whatever she can tolerate as far as her hip is concerned. What we have to be careful with is not bumping her mouth and messing up the graft. As far as food, he said she still needed to be careful what she ate. No hard foods such as chips, pretzels, etc. But he did tell her that a small cheeseburger and fries from McDonald's would be just fine. Guess where we had to stop for supper on the way home? We go back in a month and they will take x-rays then to see if the bone is there in her gumline and growing. But basically, he said to have a nice summer. Sounds good to me!

3 comments:

Laine said...

Whew! Lots of catching up! I'm so thankful Hannah's surgery went great! I love UAB and those nurses on the heart floor!!!!!!
I was thinking of yall last week because we are going to be closer to you while Candie goes to school...so when Hannah is completely healed and ready to go play...let's do it! Do yall by chance have a zoo membership? Candie's school is less than 10 min. from there so we bought one and went twice last week! I was just thinking it might be fun to meet up with yall there!
Hugs to you all!
Laine

Karen Newcomer said...

Yeah for Hannah! I am still so in awe of what a trooper she has been. Pls give both girls a hug from me and Leanne.

Recovering Noah said...

Hey there! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such GREAT suggestions!! I really appreciate it!

Eli is actually from Guatemala, but ever since he was a baby everyone has thought he's from China - especially when he wears his glasses. I've even had Chinese people stop me before. lol. On the first day of school, everyone teased him and called him "China Boy." I had a hard time explaining that one to him. Thankfully, he hasn't learned the Chinese, Japanese rhyme yet. Ugh!!!

BTW, LOVE your blog names. Fried rice and French Fries are two of Noah's favorite things!