Tuesday, March 31, 2009

What We've Been Up to Lately

First, Mary is still in the hospital. She was feeling better, but is now sick. Another surgery coming sometime soon..but not sure when. Keep her in your prayers and visit www.caringbridge.org/visit/princessbob

The week after Sadie's surgery was my spring break. We took it easy around here the first part of the week. The end of the week, we headed to my parents in north GA. The girls had a blast on that Thurs. riding around in a wagon they had.





I then got up very (VERY) early Friday morning and left the girls' at my parents for the weekend. I headed to a place I love: Camp Sumatanga. I had the wonderful priveledge of being part of the team for a spiritual retreat weekend for young adults (YAC - young adult chrysalis). It was an amazing weekend that I really believe made a difference in the kingdom of God both in the lives of the young adults that participated, as well as in us "older" young adults. It made a difference in me in ways I'm not sure I can quite articulate. It was wonderful to be there and be "away" for the weekend. I dont' want to say I didn't miss the girls, because I did. But, I didn't worry about them (they were, after all, being spoiled rotten by grandparents!) and I was very content to be where I was doing what I was doing..singing songs of praise and being quiet and still, making new friends and reconnecting with some old friends too, laughing, worshipping, sharing, and listening..it was just a great weekend.

I then met my mom to pick up the girls (who yes, had a blast and were loaded up with new clothes and toys..). And while I was completely content and happy to be at camp for the weekend, I was also completely content and happy for the weekend to end and to spend some time with the sweetest two little girls ever!

The next day, we headed back to Atlanta for Sadie's bandages to come off. Her wrist looked good, though still swollen and bruised a bit. The x-rays looked great and her surgeon is very pleased with everything. They set her up with a bright orange cast (her choice) and we headed home. She gets the cast off in 3 more weeks. And I don't know what she plans to be the first thing she does, but I plan for her to soak in the bathtub!! For a while!!

Finally, I had to face reality that spring break was over. I headed back to school for the last quarter of the year. I also finished my portfolio I've been working on all year for my national board certification. I mailed it off yesterday. I thought I'd be so relieved to have it out of my hands, but truthfully, when I got back in the car from the post office, I was simply tired. :-) I still have the assessment test to take at the end of May, and I won't know the results until November. But, it does feel good to have that big portfolio off my list of "things to do". :-)

1 comment:

Sherri said...

That's horrible that you have to wait until November for the results. I'm sure you'll pass!