Wednesday, October 01, 2008

We're Still Here...

I know, it's been a long time. I have some things to update soon. And hopefully beach pictures soon too!! Sadie had her genetics appointment this week. I'll probably fill you in on the long version later. The short version is the appointment was long, we waited forever, the actual visit with the dr. was fine, we had blood work done, and we won't know the results for probably months.

I had Hannah's kindergarten conference recently. Her teacher said she was doing great, she had no concerns, and Hannah was "a dream". She showed me some of Hannah's journal, and she's starting to write very simple sentences. I know from her homework and books we read here, that she's recognizing some sight words. She knows all her letter sounds. She scored very well on the state's early literacy assessment. I was actually amazed at how well she's done. What really made me feel good though was that her teacher said she was having no problems socially and that she was in fact very social (and I'm thinking, yeah..that means she likes to talk too much! I know teacher lingo and what you mean when you say "social" ha! But her teacher said, no - definately in a good way). She said she's helpful and kind to other kids. She also said she wasn't bossy. I can't say that's always true at home! Hannah relishes the big sister role and while she's kind about it (usually), she definately thinks Sadie should do whatever she says. Her teacher also said she was always so excited to participate in everything and it was clear that she just loved learning. I have to admit, I was quite proud of my spunky, determined, sweet-hearted girl. She's come SO FAR in two years!

We've been good..just incredibly busy. But, while you wait, here's a fun story from mine and Hannah's conversation today. It started this morning when Hannah was asking about Jesus being in heaven. Then tonight, the conversation went like this.

Hannah: Does Jesus wear a dress?
Me: huh? oh, you mean a ROBE. Well, that's what men wore during the time Jesus was living on the earth.
Hannah: Does Jesus wear a dress in heaven?
Me: um..well, I really don't know what people wear in heaven. What do you think Jesus wears?
Hannah: UNDERWEAR! He's a boy. Not panties like a girl.

There you have it! insight into the mind of a five year old!
Have a great weekend. I promise to have pictures in the next update. Hopefully next week.

4 comments:

The Ferrill's said...

Yay! An update! I know you are SO proud of Hannah...what a fabulous kid!
And yes, Jesus must wear underwear since he's a boy! ;)
I recall our genetic appointment all too well...

Anonymous said...

well yeah for having a great parent/teacher meeting and yeah for good starts!!!! So I love the Jesus conversation we have those with Eli alot -- by seven she will be asking - why she has to stay on earth when she could just go to heaven and not have homework...lol!!! Eli also wants to be like Eli in the bible and never die just be called away... go figure... this is also the child that took his first boat ride and said "okay I'm ready to walk on water!!" We need a play date!!! the weather is sooo nice!!!

Karen said...

meanwhile, can you find out what they eat in heaven too?! LOL that's the question I got the other day. What do you think Jesus eats in heaven? What does everyone eat in heaven?? I said, Hotdogs, maybe?? Never a boring momemnt, huh?
Hugs,
KL and Q

Sherri said...

I have a great joke that is told daily in our house thanks to Cameron, my 19 year old, who told it to Olivia.

Hey, look under there!

Under where?


HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Underwear!!!!!!!!



sherri