Monday, October 06, 2008

Fun at the Beach

Before I get to the beach pictures...I have to share a funny story. It may embarrass me, but it was funny. Today, the firefighters visited kindergarten at my school. As a fireman is showing Hannah's class a smoke detector, he asks "does anyone know what it means when this goes off?" Without missing a beat, Hannah says "mama burned the chicken again"! AAGH!
Well, in my defense..it doesn't usually BURN, but when I coat the chicken with something, it does set off our smoke detector sometimes. I think we just have a sensitive smoke detector! Well, the teachers and firemen got a laugh about it. Hannah's teacher came and told me about it. Hannah said her teachers laughed but the kids didn't. I'm sure they didn't laugh because her answer was logical to them and they didn't find it funny. Doesn't everyone's mama set the smoke detector off when cooking? (humor me, people!) ha!

We were very fortunate to be able to spend this past weekend at the beach with my parents and my brother. It was a short vacation...but nice anyway. Both girls had a great time, and I did too!
Enjoy the pics. These are just a few - I'll post more this weekend.




1 comment:

Sherri said...

Is it just me or has Hannah suddenly started looking OLDER? She looks so mature in that close up picture.

Your girls sure look like they've been together forever!

As for the chicken, don't worry about it. It is a VERY funny story!

Have a great week!

sherri