Monday, July 14, 2008

Photos!

Here's what we've been doing in our "free" time in between all those doctors appointments mentioned in the last post....(some of these are a few weeks old, but I guess it's been a while since I posted some pictures)

Vacation Bible School (Hannah is singing with the group at their end-of-week performance)


Riding Bikes




Practicing climbing stairs at the park




Play date with our friend Ana Claire


More t-ball practices and games (it looks like in addition to Hannah, I have another future t-ball player too!)





An after-game treat by way of the local ice-cream man




Hanging out in Auburn for a weekend (which was a little hard for me as an Alabama fan, but I managed!) Just kidding! We had a great time. We did absolutely nothing productive. Our schedule went something like this: arrive in Auburn, eat lunch, swim, nap, play, swim, play, eat supper, play, watch fireworks, eat ice-cream, go to bed, wake up, eat breakfast, play, swim, play, eat lunch, go buy bubbles at wal-mart, take a nap, blow bubbles, swim, play, eat supper, swim, play, eat ice-cream, go to bed, wake-up, eat breakfast, swim, blow bubbles, and go home! It was a perfect mini-vacation! Thanks for the invite Tricia!




Visiting the zoo for Children's Hospital's Cleft Clinic's annaul "Family Fun Day". We had fun and saw quite a few lifeline families and other adoptive families there too. Sadie enjoyed the carrosel with Carley while Hannah was more into the foam and the water. Sadie also enjoyed playing a bit of peek-a-boo with sweet little Kimmie. (We did see a few animals, but spent most of our time in the Children's zoo playing and letting the kids get wet - it was a hot day!) For lunch, we ate across the table from a family from Florida who were about to bring their little boy to Dr. Grant for surgery. He had already had surgery in Florida that did not go well and so they looked elsewhere and found Dr. Grant. It made me once again appreciate how wonderful he is! He's an amazing surgeon, but also has such a great bedside manner. And he communicates with parents and kids in plain English! As soon as Hannah saw him, she ran to him calling his name to give him a hug. She told me later "Dr. Grant is the best doctor in the world!" I think I agree.





6 comments:

Hope for Lucy said...

These pictures are so good. Ok...you have worn me out with all these outings. You are such an awesome and cool Mom!
I hope to see you at the Lifeline picnic in September with those beautiful girls!

Love
Green Party of 5ive

Doreen said...

a mimi vacation is always good for the soul. They look great!

Doreen in Montreal

Doreen said...

Let me rephrase that....a mini vacation is always good for the soul. The girls look great. Sorry...I had MFB "Mommy Freeze Brain!!!!
Doreen in Montreal

Sherri said...

Soooo cute.

I had planned on a zoo outing this spring before it got too hot. It never happened. Maybe in the fall.

It sure looks like Sadie has adjusted well! And Hannah looks so grown up!

Sherri

The Ferrill's said...

Don't you just LOVE summer? Yall have been having lots of fun and I'm so glad! It was GREAT to spend time with yall at the zoo, DeEtte! Carlie felt very special getting to ride with Sadie.
Your girls are a delight!
I still woulda loved to see Hannah play t-ball! I know that was a hoot!

Sherri said...

DeEtte,

Can you email me?

6gr8kids@buskerdoo.com


Sherri