Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Going Private

Hi friends,
I've been planning to make this blog private for quite a while now. It's nothing that anyone has said or done..in fact, everyone who has commented on the blog in real life or on the blog has been so supportive. And your support and prayers have meant so very much to me as I went through both adoptions. But, Hannah's getting old enough and aware enough now (and has a sensitive personality) that I need to be a bit more careful and selective with sharing on the internet. I don't ever want her to hear something I've shared on the blog from a friend at school or someone in the grocery store, etc. And while Sadie doesn't yet understand enough for it to effect her, one day she will. And it's a safety issue. I love all of you friends who keep up with us this way..but with it being a public blog, I never know who might be reading it and learning details of my kids. I almost did this last year, but really wanted to leave it public so friends who I might accidentally forget to include or other adopting families that I didn't know could follow our trip to China for Sadie. But, now the time has come and the only thing that has been stopping me is the task of gathering e-mails. But several friends lately have made their blogs private and inspired me to just go ahead and do it. So, my goal is to switch this to a private blog this weekend or early next week. Some of you will be getting e-mails when the switch is made inviting you to read the blog. All you have to do is go to my blog site (this same site) and you'll be prompted to add your e-mail address and then you'll be able to read it. But, I know I will miss some of you because I'm not the greatest at keeping up with e-mail addresses. So, if you'd like to continue reading, please comment on this post or send me an e-mail at DeEtte530@juno.com If you do it through the comments, don't forget to leave your e-mail address so I'll know how to add you. Thanks!

20 comments:

Pamster said...

DeEtt - I would love to continue following the story of Tyler's "first girlfriend." :)
I hope you'll add me to your list. I will send my e-mail to you privately in case it doesn't show up with the comment.

The Ferrill's said...

Picture hand being raised and bottom coming out of chair...
"Me! Me! Me! Me! Pick Me, Mr. Kotter Mr. Kotter...Me! Me!"
flipflopsrus@alltel.net

Sherri said...

Me too!

Sherri

5gr8kids@arilion.com

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog. I would love to continue being able to read it, if you don't mind.
Enjoy the rest of your summer!
~Holly

hdjackson@bellsouth.net

Anonymous said...

Don't forget Grandma, Grandpa & Jason!! Thats how I get my start every day - checking on my girls.
Otherwise I could CALL everyday!! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Dear Deette,
We have been following your blog for a couple of years, ever since we followed a link on Rev. Abi Carlisle Wilkes' blog. Abi and my father Joe Estes are associate pastors at Trinity Methodist in Huntsville, AL. Abi just recently moved to Huntsville, but she and my dad have known each other for a while. In any case, Dad got us in touch with Abi when we submitted our paperwork for adopting a little Chinese girl. Our log-in date was July 4, 2006.

In any case, your blog has been delightful and fascinating and instructive to us. We have been waiting a long time for our referral, and still probably have many months to wait. Your blog has been an inspiration to us, and so we would be honored if you continued to include us in your community.

We live in Austin, Texas, though I grew up in north Alabama, and lived in many places as the church moved my dad around. I went to summer camp at Sumatanga. I moved to Austin in 1991, and Marianne and I got married in 2003. We have an abiding interest in China; I've been there three times, once in 2002 with Marianne. It just seemed like a logical thing to do for us to adopt a child from there.

So I know that you don't know us from Adam's housecats, but we hope you can add us to your list.

Warm regards,
Mark Estes and Marianne Reat
mjest@mindspring.com
mcreat@aol.com

Karen said...

Don't forget to add KL and Q to your list. I drop in once in a while :) The girls are SO SO big! and SO SO cute! Sadie looks so different and so sweet. I completely understand why you want to go private. B/c of my job, I never wanted to be public. However, I am a lazy blogger anyway! One of these days! ha!
my email is klong1025@verizon.net.
stay in touch!
hugs,
KL and Q

Megan @ Hold it Up to the Light said...

Please add the Mileskis! We love keeping up with the cuties and your adventures!

meganmileski@mac.com

Aimee said...

Please add me! I am a lifeline family waiting to be matched with a little girl on the special needs list!!!

aimeeweathers1@yahoo.com

Doreen said...

If it's not a bother, I'd love to enjoy your family.

Doreen in Montreal single Mom to Faith-Jiangxi & Mia- Sichuan

dkerner1@sympatico.ca

Sonya said...

Add me PLEASE! You are a wise Mom!

Sonya

SonyaHodge@aol.com

Anonymous said...

DeEtte,
I keep up with you on here and am always delighted with pictures of your girls. I imagine, since I have never commented, that you never knew I was here. Randy and I have a little girl named Ellen (which you may know from Tif) and I try and post regularly at http://theatelier.wordpress.com/

I would love to keep up.
Yours,
Abby Baker

Anonymous said...

DeEtte!

Please include me on your list. My mom would also like to be included. I have to have my kiddo fix with your two! Had a great time this weekend with you guys. Thanks for coming to keep me company!

Tricia - triciathompson@charter.net
Ann Thompson - agthompson@bellsouth.net

Hope for Lucy said...

Hey!
Dont forget to add us to the private blog. We have to keep up with one another. Plus...I need your advise with two little girls!
Love
Connie
Green Party of Four
Ladybug14494@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the Harmons...we check yours more than we do ours. We really enjoy keeping up with and praying for you and the girls.

Love,
Melany, Michael and Kaiser
michaelmelany@bellsouth.net

Tina said...

I would love to be able to keep up w/ your blog
Tina
sh0ptildr@aol.com

Anonymous said...

DeEtte-I work with your Mom and have followed your journey with both of your sweet girls. It would be an honor if I could watch them grow up with you.
I'm about to have a second granddaughter and I know how much it means to your Mom to see those smiling faces. We look forward to new pictures.
Missy email-littlemis37@yahoo.com

The Princess's Mommy said...

Deette,

I would love to be added to your list. I have just recently found your blog and enjoy reading about your family. We are friends of the Greens.
Thanks,
Monica
sc19045@charter.net

Anonymous said...

DeEtte, My daughter Melissa use to work for your mom a couple of years ago. She shared your blog with me when you started your adoption process with Hannah. It has been a blessing to see what an Awesome God we serve and what He can do if we just trust Him! If you don't mind Melissa and I would love to continue following your blog. Love and Prayers, The Hefners
agispec@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

Just got my invitation today DeEtte. Thanks for including us. Leslie and I have really enjoyed your blog and appreciate you opening up your world to us. We are in the process of creating a blog of our own and it too will be private. We'll be sure you get an invite to our Bullington Board page.