Thursday, June 19, 2008

CAMP!












We had a wonderful time at Camp Sumatanga yesterday. We parked by the lake for a picnic and to throw things. Yep - that's what my two wanted to do. They threw pincecones by the trees, rocks on the gravel road and in the lake, and the ball in the grass. Then, they dug in the dirt with sticks and swirled the water around with their sticks. Hannah found a feather and amused herself for quite a while with the feather in the water. Sadie found a leaf and tried that in the water. Hannah tried to climb a tree (that wasn't meant to be climbed and I was laughing so hard!) and they ran in and out through the trees. We had planned to visit several areas of camp, but they completely amused themselves for well over an hour in this one spot. Oh, and we saw a tiny, tiny baby frog jumping in the grass. Then, we went to the playground for a few minutes and headed off to meet the group we were visiting. The junior high kids were swimming when we got there, so the kids changed into their swimsuits and lifevests and had a blast. After drying off and changing back into regular clothes, it was time for worship with the junior highs. The kids did great. It was long and loud (but completely energetic and fun for the big kids), but Hannah and Sadie hung in there despite that it was well past their bedtime. They sang a little, colored, and really behaved wonderfully. Hannah had a couple comments while I was talking, like when I said my girls were sweet, she piped up with a "yes we are!" but was mostly quiet. And how incredibly sweet was it that afterwards when they took up their offering, they said a portion of it was for Shaohannah's Hope? Thanks Holly and team for being so nice to the girls and so supportive! And for finding non-permanent markers and crayons for them to color with! ha! And thanks Jennifer for all your help - especially swimming and while I was speaking. After we were finished, I had promised the girls we would stop for a snack. I know they were getting hungry by then from all the activity. The girls were exhausted but Hannah held me to my promise. We stopped for donuts. Sadie was already asleep and never woke up, but Hannah ate hers barely before crashing! It was midnight when I dumped their dirty, tired, but happy selves in the bed. Ah - what fun! Before Hannah fell asleep, she said "Mommy! We can come back one day? I LOVE camp!"

4 comments:

RamblingMother said...

What fun. Great pics.

Lisa said...

Looks like the had a great time at camp. I love the picture of Hannah with her donut hanging out of her mouth. We are off to visit Tom's family at the beach for a week. When we get back AC and I would love to get together you choose where and time. Whatever is best for Sadie and we will be there. I teach on Thursday nites during the summer.

Anonymous said...

Thank you soooooooooooooo much for coming Wednesday! Your girls are precious! The campers really enjoyed meeting you and hearing your story. They mentioned it again Thursday when we were discussing what they had learned this week. Hannah and Sadie did an amazing job Wednesday night and Hannah was so cute when you started talking about Sadie. While you were talking about her, she never took her eyes off of you. When you started talking about Sadie, she looked and me and Jennifer and proudly said, "Thats MY sister." It was really sweet. I'm so glad that you came and that y'all had a good time. Once again, THANK YOU!!!!

The Ferrill's said...

Danay loved meeting you!!! I'm so glad Hannah loves camp...it makes me wanna go!