Saturday, February 09, 2008

Year of the Rat! (Chinese New Year part 2)

Well, this is the Year of the Rat..and Hannah started it out right. Her hair looked like a rat crawled through it. Hannah decided to be helpful and brush her hair by herself with my round hairbrush and got the brush stuck in her hair. I heard whining and frustration, so I looked in to see the problem. Well, being the sympathetic mother I am, I told Hannah - sure, I'll help you get it out. But wait and let me get the camera first!! ha!



This is what her hair looked like when I got the brush out finally!



We celebrated the Chinese New Year again with our friends from our local FCC group. We met at a Chinese restaurant for food, crafts, and fun. We had several new families join us, including a couple who had adopted way back in the early days of China adoptions (1995 I think).

Harrison, Taryn, Hannah, Ana Claire, Hannah Grace, McKenzie






And finally, I had a blast covering Chinese New Year with my preschoolers at school this year. They played fun games, made lanterns and fans and rats, tried Chopsticks, learned a few Chinese phrases, and created a dragon for a dragon parade down the halls of the school. I'd love to post pictures of our festivities, but I don't post pictures of the children in my classroom due to privacy issues..so you'll just have to imagine our fun! I did include one photo of our dragon since you can't see any of the kids' faces.



As Hannah's been walking around saying these days "Gung Hay Fat Choy"! Happy New Year!







5 comments:

Lisa said...

We had a great time! Hannah that brush in your hair looks like it really hurts!

Sonya said...

The hair brush pic is a hoot! So glad you thought fast and took the pic!
I LOVE the CNY pics too!

Sonya

Hope for Lucy said...

Lily is just like Hannah..always putting the brush in her hair and Mom coming to the rescue.
You are such a fun teacher....wish I was one of your students.

Love
Connie

The Ferrill's said...

I second Connie, your class has got to be the best!
Could you come teach my class one day? I could use a good substitute teacher! ;)
Glad you got the "rat" out of the hair!
Love,
Laine

Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Christine and I am a Lifeline family. We are both waiting on daughters with similar special needs. And they are about the same age. I would love to learn more about your new little one. I saw the link to your blog from Laine's blog. I don't have a blog yet...its on my list. This will be our 6th child, and first adopted one. My email is thefahys@hotmail.com.
Blessings,
Christine