Monday, February 18, 2008

BEACH!



Hannah and I went to the beach this weekend. A friend of mine was staying on Dauphin Island for work for several weeks and invited us to come up for the weekend. So, we took advantage of the offer. Thanks Tricia! We had a great time. I discovered that I LOVE the beach in February. Sure, it's a bit cool and we had to plan our beach time around the storms, but I love walking on the beach and having to squint and look really far to see another person. I love the feeling of being secluded and having the beach to myself. And as far as those storms, well, we just took a really long afternoon nap! Hannah and I had such a great time and it was a relaxing weekend that was much appreciated!! Another fun thing was that I completely suprised her with the trip. I had a meeting at church Saturday. So, after my meeting, I picked Hannah up at her babysitter's with my car having been packed the night before. When I got her, I said "We're not going home". She said "why?" and I told her because we were going to the beach. She paused and said "today?" and when I said yes, she absolutely squealed and giggled and said "Oh, I SO excited! Thank You mama!" It was precious! Her enthusiasm and love for life makes it so much fun to pull off special suprises!





Hannah and Tricia



Working on the sand castle


Drawing in the sand

Wow! Look at the Big waves!

The sun is tryiing to peek through the clouds at sunset time


The morning we're headed home - the sun finally comes out. Didn't matter though - we had a great time, clouds and all!

5 comments:

Sherri said...

What wonderful pictures! I've always thought it would be better to spend a yucky day at the beach than a good day anywhere else. I loooooooove the beach. What a gift that you got to go!

Sherri

RamblingMother said...

Glenys would be so jealous. She wants to go to the beach so badly.

Precious pics.

beverly

Tricia said...

I'm so glad that you guys were able to come visit! I loved having the company and it made it easier to stay away one more week.

The pics are awesome from the day you left - the one that I missed because I was working - thank you... It just figures that the sun would come out.

My love to you and Hannah!

Tricia

Sonya said...

What a wonderful get away!!! GREAT PICS!

Journey to Lilly! said...

What a great get away!! I love the beach anytime of the year!! & there is something awesome about walking down the beach when the crowds are not there!!
Blessings,
Kim