Friday, January 18, 2008

Waiting on the Snow


IT'S GOING TO SNOW!! I know, it doesn't *look* like it or even *feel* like it. Hannah doesn't really even need the coat and mittens she's wearing outside in this pic. BUT...IT'S GOING TO SNOW!! I love to see the snow, but I've lived here way too long to believe the forecasters whenever they say snow. Call me crazy, but this time I believe it. I don't know why and I don't know how much to believe..but I do think we'll see snow on the ground Saturday. Maybe even enough to muster up a small snowman?? Oh, I hope so!! We even went and got some on clearance mittens for Hannah today so her hands wouldn't get wet playing in the snow tomorrow. Yes, I have high hopes! For me, for her, and for my sweet little children in my class at school. I don't know if Hannah ever saw snow in China or not, but if she did she was too young to remember it. And I *know* the little 3 and 4 year olds in my class have not seen it really..unless on vacation somewhere else. Wasn't it like 2000 the last time snow actually accumulated in this area? So, for all the "under 8" crowd out there - I'm hoping and wishing with you! Just for the record, we didn't go totally crazy and go buy bread and milk (although we happen to have plenty of both already). We did however get me some diet dr. pepper and some donuts for both of us. priorities, ya know? ha!

5 comments:

The Ferrill's said...

Oh yes, I'm glad to see your priorities are in order DeEtte! Funny, doesn't Santa like Diet Dr. Pepper too? ;)
My children are SO ready for the snow. They cannot hardly focus on anything else. Husband too. He's such a big kid anyway. I'm just sad about not being able to wear my flip-flops. Aren't I a party pooper? But I do hope it comes through for the little ones. I sure know they're praying for it!
I think yall are going to get it even better than us up here!
Can't wait to see pics!
Love,
Laine

Hope for Lucy said...

We are hoping for snow too...way up in the North Alabama (Athens)...hehehe.....
Praying that our sweet babies will get to make snow angels!

Love
Connie

Sherri said...

I love the snow too!

However, this time, I'd like to postpone it.....tomorrow is Sarah's 20th birthday and I was driving to Tuscaloosa to spend the day with her :(

But we'll make the best of it if it DOES snow! We bought sleds for the kids after the snow in 2000 and it hasn't snowed since! The kids were in elementary school then! hahaha

Sherri

Lisa said...

We are hoping for snow too! Ana Claire is all ready she has been asking all day when is the snow going to get here. I hope we get up to a beautiful winter wonderland. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

It's not just the 8 and under crowd - Leanne and a friend who spent the night RACED outside screaming when they saw the snow Saturday morning! Sooooo excited!!

Karen