Monday, June 11, 2007

Just for Fun

We are so far enjoying our summer vacation very much. Hannah is going to speech one day a week and gymnastics one day a week (which she LOVES). We've had several little outings, and one day last week we visited the zoo. Hannah found a pair of swim goggles the day before and had played with them a while. When I announced the next day that we were going to the zoo, she said she wanted to play in the water (Birmingham Zoo has a kids' water fountain area). I said yes, get your swimsuit. She went upstairs and got her swimsuit AND the goggles. She informed me that she needed the goggles for the water! So, she wore them. She wore them before we left the house.
She wore them all the way to the zoo and even slept in them a while.

She wore them in the water.

And she wore them while drying off! She finally took them off to ride the train. What a hoot!

Today, we had a little adventure of a different sort. Hannah was getting a little whiney and I decided to spice things up a bit and do something new. (you know, summer is my "creative play" time!). So, we played in shaving cream. That's not new - we've done that at the table before. But this time, I filled up the little wading pool with it outside. She had a blast! It started tame enough...



But ended quite wild!!


If you want to try this at your house, then never fear - clean up is SO easy. Turn water house on and spray child all over for 1 minute. Great fun!





5 comments:

Denna said...

I might have to try that. Sounds like you guys had fun.

The Ferrill's said...

What a fun post! I love the goggles, that is too funny! You are so creative with the shaving cream! We have done pudding play, too. And THAT is edible...yummy! However, we've never put pudding in a pool. Hmmm...maybe we'll do that when we're working on the "P" sound!
Love,
Laine

Lisa said...

Oh what fun! I love the goggle photos, but I think the shaving cream photos are priceless. I guess that was an interesting way to get clean too! We may have to try that.
See you and Hannah at the gym.
Lisa

Sonya said...

LOOKS LIKE A BLAST!!!
Great pictures!!!

Sonya

Journey to Lilly! said...

DeEtte, that looks like so much fun! I may have to try it! I also love the pic's of Hannah in the goggles!! too cute!
lv ya,
Kim