Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter

What's the big deal?? Mommy is acting like I'm supposed to be seeing something neat...but I just don't get it yet!

Oh! It's my Easter basket wtih presents!! How did that Easter bunny know I wanted pink nail polish and lipstick??
Now where did that bunny hide all the eggs? And did he remember I like candy? (for the record, yes!)
In front of the Easter cross at church. Just like at the park yesterday, when we walked into church this morning, Hannah started walking up to people and telling them "Jesus Alive!".


Meet the Easter Bunny!! We really haven't talked a lot about the Easter Bunny and unlike Santa at Christmas time, we haven't seen him for Hannah to get an image in her head. So, when she saw her basket this morning, she started telling me "thank you". I replied that it was from the Easter bunny. She immediately picked up this stuffed bunny that was in her basket, held it right up to her face, and in her most sincere voice said "thank you Easter Bunny". Later, she was talking to my mom on the phone and mom must have said something about the Easter bunny. Hannah started pointing to her bunny and saying "Easter bunny at Hannah's house!". Too cute!

Dying Easter eggs.



Hannah loved decorating cookies.

Since Hannah was exhibiting a bit of a "sugar high" from the day's fun, I sent her outside to swing while I fixed supper. She usually swings on the glider. I have tried and tried to teach her to swing on the regular swings at home, at the park, and at school. She tried, but just couldn't seem to get the rhythm of her legs just right. But today, she started yelling "mommy, look! by myself!" and sure enough - she had it down just right!

What a great weekend we have had! Now, if it only spring break started tomorrow so I didn't have to refocus on school now...oh well, only 1 more week to go!!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy Easter. Love all the photos! Yea Hannah, sounds like you have learned how to pump your legs on the swing. Now you can swing to the moon and back.
Lisa

Journey to Lilly! said...

He is Alive!! How precious! Looks like you had a fun Easter!
Kim

The Ferrill's said...

Hannah is so adorable and so joyful! Congrats on learning how to swing! What a big girl! Really want to meet yall, DeEtte!
Love,
Laine