Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Night-Night

First Step, make sure all the babies have a pillow.



Next, make sure all the babies have socks on their hands. But since I'm the mommy in this game, I don't have too.



Here I am with my baby getting ready for bed for real.

Yesterday, I was in the computer room checking my e-mail and Hannah was playing on the floor beside me. All of a sudden, she got up and told me "right back" and ventured off. She worked hard dragging all her baby dolls into the room with me. Then, she found enough pillows for them each to have one. She told them all "night night" and joined them. Well, then it got even cuter. She had that "I've just thought of something" look and off she went again. I heard her in my bedroom opening drawers. I was curious, but didn't go after her to look. I knew whatever it was she'd have in the room with us in a minute. She returned with my socks! She then proceded to put them on the hands of all her babies. See, that's what I've been doing to her since the surgery. She has these arm splints that most kids wear after cleft palate surgery that keep her from putting her hands in her mouth and messing up the surgical sight. She hates them and her surgeon told me she didn't have to wear them as long as I was watching her. So, most of the day goes by with her hands free. But, I have been putting socks on her hands as a compromise for those times I'm not right with her. Mostly when she goes to sleep and when she's in her carseat. She doesn't particularly like it, but she cooperates and definately prefers the socks over the arm splints. I thought it was cute that she decided to put them on her baby dolls. As you can see, she chose not to put them on herself. I figure she decided that in this play, she was the mommy so she didn't have to wear the socks. It was kind of like her own personal therapy because when we got ready for bed that night and I held out the sock for her arm, she not only cooperated, but smiled and then held out her baby doll and told me what color sock to put on her.

On another note, she had her follow up appointment with the ENT today and it went GREAT! He had told me a week ago that he was going to plan to suction her ears out because they were so bad. Well, he took one look today and said everything was clear, it looked good, and he'd see us back in a year! YEAH!!!!

Our follow up with the plastic surgeon is October 5th. I **hope hope hope** he gives as glowing a report as the ENT!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I am glad that Hannah got a great report from the ENT. Hopefully she will get a great report from the surgeon too!Glad to hear she is doing so well. The pictures of her playing mommy to all of her babies are very cute!
We need to get together and let them play again sometime!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

How cute! Hannah with all her babies. That is so DeEtte! I have similar pictures of DeEtte and "all her babies."

Mom Currie/Grandma

Sonya said...

What a sweet sweet girl!!!

Sonya