Friday, August 08, 2008

Pictures and Quick Update

All ready for kindergarten in her "adorable" outfit and sparkly shoes - that's totally why she's smiling so early in the morning!
It was a big day for Sadie too - her first day to stay without Hannah




Sitting outside her classroom waiting for the 7:45 announcement to enter




Just hanging out at home. The girls both sleep in their own beds, but *my* bed is a favorite early morning hang-out spot.


What a week! It was been a good week, but tiring. The first week is always like that. I have been back at work all week. The kids came Thursday so had two days. As far as I'm concerned, I really like my class this year. I have a sweet group of kids. Some are not too sure of this whole school thing yet, but I'm confident they'll settle in a routine quickly. Hannah has had a great two days in kindergarten. She was so confident walking off. I walked her to her classroom the first day, and let her go by herself today. Honestly, she would have been fine going by herself the first day...but *I* wanted to walk her down anyway. The first day of school she woke up and said "YEAH! I get to go to kindergarten so I can wear my new sparkly shoes and my new outfit...I'm going to be adorable!" ah..priorities..as long as you look cute, it'll be a good day. ha! :-) I haven't caught sight of her during the day yet, but a couple of my co-worker friends have and they've said when they see her, she always looks happy. I'm not suprised. She loves her teacher and has had happy stories and songs to share in the afternoons.

Sadie has done well this week as well...she had Hannah with her the first 3 days and then stayed by herself these last two days. Can I just say, it feels great to know she is with someone I trust and to know she's getting lots of attention and love during the day. Thanks stephanie! Her last two days have been a little tougher though - she's not been feeling well. After visiting our after-hours clinic it turns out she has an ear infection. But, after a couple doses of antibiotics, she seems to be feeling much better. And speaking of antibiotics..here's my public service announcement. Did y'all know Publix is giving away free antibiotics? No insurance co-pay or anything. There's only about 5 antibiotics they give away, but they are pretty common ones. Amoxicillan is one. I don't remember exactly what they all are..but they don't even ask to see your insurance card. free..really! I hope your children don't need them anytime soon..but even with good insurance (like I have), it's nice to get something free if you do.


I started this post Friday night, but I'm sure it'll be Sat. before I actually post it since the pictures are taking a while to upload...and I'm tired!

4 comments:

Grandma said...

Hannah, I love the new hairdo and the darling "hello kitty" dress and sparkly shoes. You do look simply "adorable!" Sadie is also adorable. I hope her ear infection is better.

The Ferrill's said...

That first day of school outfit is always the best, and Hannah yours is fabulous my dear!
I'm so glad your first week back went so well! I love all the pics of those sweet sisters!

Karen Newcomer said...

simply adorable...

Sherri said...

Oh, these are so cute! I took first day pictures, too, but haven't gotten around to posting them.

I hope Hannah had a great start to her year!

And Sadie is a doll.

sherri