Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I am one step closer in the process of my 2nd adoption. My homestudy has been approved by DHR and it is now at CIS (Citizenship and Immigration). YEAH!!! So, now I wait on them to send me a fingerprinting appointment and once I do that - I wait on approval. Lots of waiting...and waiting...which is not my favorite part of the process. Once again though, I am reminded that I am not in control. I am so grateful that God is! I am also grateful for the wonderful people in my life. Your love and support of me and Hannah has been and continues to be so special and important to me! And I'm grateful for the wonderful people at Lifeline as well. There's a bit of a risk in this adoption not only for me, but for them. They are putting in their time and effort for something that is not yet a "sure thing". I know not every agency would have been willing to work with me to start an adoption process at this point. And in more ways than I can name, they are doing whatever they can to make this happen. So, I guess for me, right along with the nervousness that comes with the waiting and unknowns, also comes the reminders of how much I have to be grateful for...

On a different note, our friends and neighbors Greg and Stephanie are in China adopting their daughter Hannah Grace. She is beautiful and it sounds like an amazing experience so far. If you want to check out their blog, it is at www.chinesetreasures.blogspot.com

4 comments:

The Ferrill's said...

DeEtte I am so excited...we are at CIS together! I have been praying for the Lifeline families who are sitting together on a desk in Atlanta to find favor and to receive our forms soon. Your home study was done so quickly..praise God! Karla is wonder woman, I'm convinced! I wanna be her when I grow up! :)
I'm so thrilled that your process is moving on along! You are right.. you are one step closer and God is in control of these steps!
Laine Ferrill

Hope for Lucy said...

DeEtte
Our prayers are with you and Hannah and waiting on a speedy CIS. I cant to follow your journey again for your precious daughter. Do we have a name picked out yet (Im thinking Connie)..haha
Hannah is going to make a wonderful big siser.
Love to you both!
Green Party of Four

Sonya said...

WOO HOO! Lisa told me you were adopting again but I had forgotten!
I am soooooo excited for you.

Praying all goes super fast for you!!

Sonya

Journey to Lilly! said...

DeEtte, I am so excited for you! I am praying cis goes Fast! Fast! Fast! I know it great to be one step closer to that precious baby!
Kim Pintaro
www.pintaroadoption.blogspot.com