Tuesday, August 22, 2006

SOME PICTURES and Arm Update

I've got to have my hair "just right" before I can go to bed! (and what do you think about my new PINK cast!)


I LOVE the water play area at the zoo!!

My new Raggedy Ann doll was sent to me by my great-aunt Orella. It's as big as me and I love it!

Hannah's arm was casted today and we were told she needed it on for four weeks. She has an appointment to get it off Friday, Sept. 15th. Okay, the poor kid goes to Children's on the 14th for her pre-op appointment for her cleft surgery. She gets her cast off on the 15th, and then we have the weekend free before she goes in for her surgery on the 18th!! I asked if they could just cut the cast off while she was in surgery but they said no. Apparently it causes lots of dust to fly which is not good in a sterile environment. So, we will just be trotting back and forth to the dr. for a few days. Hannah, thankfully, doesn't seem to be in any pain with her arm and she is handling the cast well. She cried when the dr. came in to see her, but once she figured out there were no needles and no x-rays involved she was okay. She cooperated great for the casting. She actually has more freedom of movement with the cast than she did with the splint (that covered her elbow), so that has been good. And, we survived our first bath with the cast tonight. I ran just a little water in the tub and wrapped her cast in saran wrap and then taped a plastic bag over it. Worked like a charm!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Love the pink cast! Sounds like you and Hannah will have a busy September.
Glad she is being such a trooper!
Lisa

Hope for Lucy said...

What a pretty color for your cast. Lily Grace cant wait to meet you. Sending you hugs and prayers for your upcoming surgery.

Connie

drew and lori said...

oh- i just read about hannah's cast- bless her heart and yours too! bright pink is the perfect color for a cast- our kalie broke her arm at 4 years old and had a cast just like that!! i hope it heals quickly and we will be praying for you on the 18th as well! keep us posted!