Monday, April 07, 2008

Just a quick update

I have my consulate appointment - it's May 12. So, right now it looks like I will receive Sadie on either May 4 or 5. I will be able to come home after the 13th of May. I'm working on exact travel plans now and will update you as soon as I have them. SO CLOSE!!

In other news, we went back to the cleft clinic last week for Hannah's post-surgery appointment. Everything went well and her surgeon was pleased with the surgery. Her lip is looking really good!
He is done with her in his words "for a long time". Although, she will still need the bone graft surgery for her gumline in a few years (no earlier than 6 years old though). The oral surgeon on the cleft team will actually do that and we will have x-rays done in about a year to see how long we can wait on that surgery..they try to time it before permanent teeth start coming in.

I'll try to get a picture of Hannah up here before the week's out..since the last one I posted of her had her looking pretty banged up. But, she's asleep now, so it won't be tonight.
And speaking of Hannah, tomorrow is KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION! oh my! I can't believe I'm registering her for kindergarten already! wow!

7 comments:

The Ferrill's said...

Don't you just love May? It is one of my favorite months, and now it will be even more special with your gotcha day in there!
SO excited for you!

The Ferrill's said...

...and I'm praying for you!

Greg and Steph said...

WOOOHOOO! I know you are excited and overwhelmed!
I bet Hannah is ready to go!
We love you guys and are praying for y'all!
Love,
Steph

Journey to Lilly! said...

Wow!! How wonderful! We are so excited for you!! We are praying for you!
Kim

The Woodalls said...

Have a great MOTHER'S DAY in China!!

Emily

Sherri said...

Your CA is one month from tomorrow! Can you believe you are so close to going??????

I'm so happy for you!

Sherri

Hope for Lucy said...

I cant wait to follow you journey again....how exciting!

I cant believe Hannah will be in Kindergarden....oh my goodness. Our babies are growing up.

Hugs to both of you!
Connie