Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Prayers from Hannah / Blog Name

Okay, the girl is a hoot! Here's a snippet from her prayer tonight:

"Thank you God for my sister Sadie, and for my puppy (that) my mommy get me one day"

sounds innocent..but I've never told her she's getting a puppy! In fact, when this topic came up (last month!), I told her she was getting a sister but no promises on the puppy.

So, is it the faith of a child to thank God for what she doesn't yet have...or manipulation to do it in front of mommy's ears? hmmm...

In case you're wondering, it made me laugh but did not "move me". ha! I love dogs. I really do. I hope one day Hannah and Sadie will have one. But there is absolutely no way at all we are getting a sister and a puppy in the same year. And we're sticking with the sister.

In other news, I have not forgotten that I want to rename my blog. Thanks for all the suggestions last month. I'm still a bit undecided. I have a new favorite that came up at work. What do y'all think? "Fried Rice and French Fries"..you know, kind of the whole Chinese - American them? Any more suggestions?

6 comments:

RamblingMother said...

wishful thinking on her part I guess.
Beverly

Sherri said...

Oh, come on DeEtte! Give the girl a puppy! lol (says the mom who FINALLY was able to find a home for the 2 rabbits they just HAD to have and no longer paid any attention to)

Do you have any idea when you might possibly travel? I'm assuming you were already DTC, right?

Sherri

The Ferrill's said...

i like the french fry name! that's cute!
I'm with you, I'd much rather have another child than a puppy! ;)
That's so sweet to picture her praying...
we need to get together, really bad! are you going to the chinese new year festival this wknd?

Pandamonium Mom said...

Laine,
Hannah's going..I'm not. :-(
I wish I could go, but I have a meeting at church Saturday most of the day but my friend Tricia (Tricia and Maggie from the links to my blog) is babysitting for me and she's taking Hannah this weekend to the CNY festival.
We DO need to get together though.

And Sherri, I don't know when we're traveling. Karla says this spring maybe..but it's so hard to predict because I was DTC first. There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to when LOA's are going out for us DTCers first people. April? May? June? Those are my best guesses at the moment.

Lisa said...

I like th name you are throwing around. ;)

Sherri said...

I was DTC first too. Just barely. I think our LID was 12/7/06 and we sent our LOI on 12/19/06. We traveled in April. I can't wait to see you get that sweet baby!

Sherri